We are monitoring the situation and doing our due diligence and the latest updates are available on our blog.
We understand that for those traveling from outside Greece, the uncertainty of whether you should travel or not this summer is a factor and that you may be reluctant to book your sailing holiday. For this reason, we are accepting bookings for our August and September trips now, but you only have to pay a deposit 2 weeks before the trip date. If you have to cancel your trip because of another lockdown, cancelled flight or other proven Covid-19 related reason, you will be able to postpone your booking to Summer 2021.
We are committed to your health and safety and will be following all Corona related safety procedures set out by the experts in terms of hygiene standards and protocol and kindly ask that you do the same. More information can be found here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/travel-advice
Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, our boats are always thoroughly cleaned between each and every trip including:
All surfaces in the galley and cabins are cleaned and sanitised. Cupboards and fridges and sinks/oven/stove are also cleaned and sanitised.
All WCs, toilets, sink and shower are all sanitised and disinfected
General interior surfaces all cleaned and sanitised and all food items removed between charters.
For divers, since you will be bringing your own equipment, you will be responsible for cleaning it with special attention given to your regulator, while still respecting the environment. We will be filling tanks at diving centres that are also following the protocols. More info on COVID-19 and Diving from DAN here: https://www.dansa.org/blog/2020/03/30/disinfection-of-scuba-equipment-and-covid-19
Once we have taken all these precautions, it is difficult to imagine a safer place than a private yacht in these Corona times.